New Understanding Mathematics (Grade 4 - 6) Intermediate Phase Resource Book
New Understanding Mathematics Grades 4-7 is an innovative, best-selling series based on the National Curriculum. It makes the learning of Mathematics meaningful and interesting.
· Investigations encourage learners to discover new concepts.
· Check Your Understanding exercises help learners to prepare for a test on that chapter.
· Check Your Progress at the end of each chapter, lists ideas and skills learners should know and gives learners a chance to reflect on what you have learnt.
· Projects are extended tasks to solve context-based problems.
· Activities help you extend your Mathematics to discover new skills.
· Exercises in every unit provide you with an opportunity to practise new content and skills.
Relevant and easy to use
· Learning focuses, in the form of assessment standards, are listed at the beginning of every unit to show curriculum coverage.
· Rule boxes throughout show important rules and definitions.
Curriculum and Assessment support
· A step-by-step guide on preparing a learning programme is provided in the Teacher’s Guide.
· Comprehensive answers for all Exercises and Check Your Understanding exercises are provided in the Teacher’s Guide, to save time.
· Assessment rubrics for Projects and Investigations make continuous assessment easier.